Our COVID-19 Response
Kind and Care Labour Hire is dedicated to safeguarding the health of Participants that use our services and the Support Workers, Support Coordinators, Cleaners and Gardeners carrying out these supports. At this trying time, Kind and Care Labour Hire has implemented a COVID- 19 Response Plan to ensure the health and safety of Participants and Staff.
Kind and Care Labour Hire COVID-19 Response Plan is informed by Victoria’s DHHS guidelines, Australian Government Department of Health guidelines, Worksafe Victoria’s policy and NDIS advice.
Our Processes in COVID-19 Response Plan for Support Workers/Management/other services are:
- If a Support Worker believes or becomes aware that they have come into contact with anyone who is a positive case or a contact of a positive case of COVID-19, they are required to inform the Kind and Care Labour Hire Covid response team immediately on 0481 702 284 during business hours.
- The Support Worker will be required to take a COVID-19 test and will not be able to attend shifts until a negative result is returned. If the result is positive they will be required to self-isolate for 14 days and take another test and get medical clearance before resuming shifts.
- Kind and Care Labour Hire Covid response team will check in with the Support Worker regularly and offer additional contactless assistance (e.g. information packs, grocery runs, EAP assistance, connection to employee support services).
Our Response Plan for Participants and their family are:
- If a Participant, family member/ carer or anyone else within the Participant’s household believes or becomes aware that they have come into contact with anyone who is a positive case or a contact of a positive case of Covid 19, we ask that they inform Kind and Care Covid response team at the office as soon as possible on 0481 702 284 during business hours
- Management will contact the Participant to discuss contactless supports including; information packs, providing essential groceries, use of Zoom, and connection to contactless support services.
- Kind and Care Management will check in with Participants regularly to check on their wellbeing.